We love dogs, and they love it here, too! At Fox Hill, canines and their two-legged companions will find spacious rooms (all with private outside entrances) and 38 acres to explore, making us your ideal choice for Shenandoah Valley Pet Friendly Lodging. We have a large play area great for games of Frisbee or ball retrieving, and beautiful mowed walking trails winding through the meadows with awesome views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our suites are a great alternative to cabins or hotels when vacationing with your pet. We are proud that both guests traveling with dogs and those without pets feel at home here. If you plan to bring your dog, please be sure to read through our specific requirements for canine visitors (below) paying particular attention to the differences between dogs staying in Bed & Breakfast Suites and dogs staying in Kitchen Suites*. We look forward to your visit to our Shenandoah Valley Pet Friendly Lodging.
Shenandoah Valley Pet Friendly Lodging Policies:
- All house-trained dogs over 6 months old are welcome at Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast Suites, regardless of size or breed, with advance notice.
- Our pet fee is $20 per dog, per night, for the first 2 nights; then $10 per dog, per night for subsequent nights.
- Every Suite at Fox Hill is pet-friendly except the Fairfield and Starfield Bed & Breakfast Suites. *Our Pet Friendly Suites on the 1st floor is Devon, and the 2nd floor, Cornwall.
Pet friendly Kitchen Suites are the Stable Suite and Mountain View Suite.
- Crating is not required; however, if your dog is accustomed to a crate we request that you bring your pets’ crate to insure the comfort of your dog.
- Keep your pet leashed at all times when outside your room on the premises.
- Don’t leave your dog alone in the room for any length of time as it may start barking and disturb others. If your dog is a barker, we suggest a Kitchen Suite which is separated from the main inn’s guests.
- Dogs are permitted to join you at breakfast when we are serving outside (please ask other guests if they mind).
- If your pet likes to sit on the couch or bed with you to watch TV, please bring your personal dog blanket to lie on.
- Walk your pet often and pick up after your pet. We provide waste bags and a collection container for the poop fairy to collect the bags. Ask us what areas of the grounds are appropriate for your pet. If your pet does have an accident, please ask for clean-up supplies.
- Be respectful of other B&B guests. Not everyone likes pets. Keep your pet under your control and don’t let them approach others without an invitation.
- Groom your pet before your travel. It’s not good to leave fleas or ticks behind.