It’s time to plan a trip to a Bed & Breakfast
According to the U.S. Travel Association, travel is the clear-cut way to achieve the benefits of time off. A recent poll of travelers revealed some interesting facts:
• The vast majority of Americans (88%) are in search of a warm climate for their vacations.
• Nearly two-thirds (63%) of Americans say they prefer to indulge than be healthy on vacation.
• The traditional weeklong trip is still the gold standard for most Americans, with 72 percent saying they prefer that length to a long-weekend vacation.
• Americans are split on whether they prefer to save or splurge on vacations—just over half (52%) say save and just under half (47%) say splurge.
Airbnb or an Established B&B
A “real” B&B is an establishment making a living in the hospitality business. They typically charge more than an Airbnb property. Both are someone’s home but that’s where the similarity ends.
Why, you ask? An innkeeper is a professional that is much more than a person who rents a room in their house for extra money. Established B&B’s meet all the requirements of any other hospitality property. Proper inspections, insurance, and compliance with state and local business requirements. Innkeepers typically are trained in the hospitality industry and culinary arts, just like any other professional, that all cost money. When visiting a B&B you usually have a higher quality of sleeping accommodations right down to the quality of the sheets. Innkeepers want you to enjoy their home and food offerings more than just an extra bedroom that someone sees as an opportunity to make some cash.
Plan your trip
Research shows that planners have a distinct advantage over non-planners: they use more of their time, take longer vacations, and are happier! Therefore, it is time to get planning!
1. Decide where you want to go and what time of year you want to get away
2. Consider the activities and atmosphere of the places in the region, and then pick the town or city that best fits your desires.
3. Plan enough time to enjoy your destination and do the activities you want
4. You’ll have a better chance of getting the reservations you want if you plan ahead
5. Making arrangements for pets while your away or bring them along on your trip
6. Put together a general activity list of what you would like to experience. On the other hand, plan to do nothing but relax, and leave your schedule wide open for endless possibilities.
7. Unplug! If you need some down time, consider using your phone or computer only when completely necessary. It will do wonders for you.
8. Maybe you have always wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast inn. Go ahead and try something new!
A Bed and Breakfast makes for a great vacation getaway.
While the price of a B&B might seem higher than a hotel at times, the actual value is much greater. The private accommodations are usually superior to that of a hotel…better linens, bedding, and furniture. The amenities are also often more plentiful from better shampoo, lotions and grooming items, to snacks, games and libraries of books/DVD’s, plus free Wi-Fi and parking.
In addition, B&B owners delight in serving made from scratch, scrumptious breakfasts with locally sourced ingredients, which rises above what you will find at a hotel.
We Innkeepers are also excited to share with you all the wonderful places to visit, explore and experience while visiting with us. Please ask us about our great restaurants, breweries, wineries and tourist attractions.
While staying at a Bed and Breakfast, you are sure to receive not only value, but comfort, variety, special amenities and local expertise that hotels cannot beat.
Are you ready to plan a B&B vacation? Put the Shenandoah Valley and Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast on your “to-visit” list. Regardless of your itinerary, we assure that your stay at Fox Hill will be memorable. Our welcoming philosophy is simply to keep it casual and comfortable. Our activity guide will give you a jump-start to planning your visit.
No two Bed and Breakfasts are alike. At some, the bar is set very high and deserving of a five star rating, while others’ efforts may reflect lower ratings. A good place to check is Trip Advisor, for what other travelers say about the accommodations, atmosphere and especially the food. After all, it is a BED and BREAKFAST.
Traveling with Fido?
Why not travel with your beloved dog? Fox Hill B&B is dog friendly. Four of our six suites are pet friendly, but you would never know there were dogs in the room before you. Our spacious suites are large enough for large breeds without crowding. All are almost 600 square feet; that’s almost 1/3 the size of the average house. There’s plenty of things to do with your pet while staying at Fox Hill. Explore 38 acres of fields with walking paths, a babbling stream; and in the summer months paths run through our cornfields with a large play area in the center.
City folks, your pet will thank you for the rest, relaxation and great place to run without too many distractions.
With all of these travel-planning tips, it’s now time to plan and look forward to a Bed and Breakfast getaway. Explore outdoor adventures, enjoy local art and culture, and indulge in delicious food and wine!