We love dogs, and they love it here, too! At Fox Hill, canines and their two-legged companions will find spacious rooms (all with private outside entrances) and 38 acres to explore, making us your ideal choice for Shenandoah Valley Pet Friendly Lodging. We have a large play area great for games of Frisbee or ball retrieving, and beautiful mowed walking trails winding through the meadows with awesome views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our suites are a great alternative to cabins or hotels when vacationing with your pet. We are proud that both guests traveling with dogs and those without pets feel at home here. If you plan to bring your dog, please be sure to read through our specific requirements for canine visitors below. We look forward to your visit to our Shenandoah Valley Dog Friendly Lodging.
Shenandoah Valley Dog Friendly Lodging Policies:
- Our pet fee is $24 per dog, per night. Two dog maximum.
- All house-trained dogs over 6 months old are welcome at Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast Suites, regardless of size or breed, with advance notice.
- Dogs are not permitted in the check-in/dining area or screened front porch. Note: even our dog, Obie is not allowed in these areas.
- Every Suite at Fox Hill is pet-friendly except the Stargazer suite.
- Crating is not required; however, if your dog is accustomed to a crate we request that you bring your pets’ crate to insure the comfort of your dog.
- Keep your pet leashed at all times when outside your room on the premises.
- We have horses and chickens on the property. When roaming the property, it is important your dog is leashed for their protection and the protection of our livestock.
- Don’t leave your dog alone in the room for any length of time as it may start barking and disturb others. If your dog is a barker, we suggest a Kitchen Suite which is separated from the main inn’s guests.
- Dogs are permitted to join you at breakfast when we are serving outside (please ask other guests if they mind).
- We discourage dogs on the furniture, but we understand that pets are family. If your dog is allowed on the furniture at home, we provide a clean covering for the couch.
- Walk your dog(s) often and pick up after them. We provide waste bags and a collection container for the “poop fairy” to collect the bags. Ask us what areas of the grounds are appropriate for your pet. If your pet does have an accident, please ask for clean-up supplies.
- Be respectful of other B&B guests. Not everyone likes dogs. Keep your pet under your control and don’t let them approach others without an invitation.
- Groom your dog before your travel. It’s disrespectful to leave fleas or ticks behind.
The Innkeeper’s Dog:
Our dog, Obie (pictured on this page) is a well trained and friendly German Shepard. He does not wander the property when we have guests. Obie is not allowed in the common areas, the front porch nor the deck. Our guests should feel comfortable walking their leashed dogs on our property. We do have a great open space (unfenced) to play when your dog wants to chase a ball or have some play-time.